Area News Headlines
These news headlines brought to you by these fine sponsors:
Huron the only county to add new COVID-19 cases in the Thumb
Mary Drier posted by Tom Greene
Sun, 28 Jun 2020 16:15:11 EDT
click on the picture to enlarge
For the first time in three days, the number of new confirmed COVID-19 cases in the state has been under 300.
According to the data from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, there were 252 new cases of the virus detected over the last 24 hours for a total of 63,261, and 4 more deaths for a total of 5,911.
There are also 15 more probable cases in the state for a total of 6,685 being monitored, and 1 more probable death for a total of 246 being reviewed to determine if it was caused by the COVID-19 virus.
A probable case means there is a possibility a person was exposed to the virus or has possible symptoms of the virus. And, probable deaths mean the death is being studied further to determine if it is virus-related.
Also, there are 51,099 people in the state who have been able to recover from the virus. In Huron County, 45 have recovered, and in Tuscola County, there are 162 people who have recovered from the virus.
To be considered as recovered, the person has to be 30 days past the virus being detected.
Over the last 24 hours, there was 1 new case detected in Huron County for a total of 57, and 8 probable cases. The number of deaths remain at 3.
- Tuscola County's numbers remains steady with 228 cases and 26 deaths, with 5 probable cases being monitored.
- Sanilac County's numbers remain at 42 cases with 5 deaths. There are also 2 probable cases and 1 probable death being reviewed.
- The numbers remain steady in Lapeer County with 246 cases and 30 deaths. And, there are 42 probable cases being monitored, and 1 death being reviewed.
Bay County's numbers also remains steady with a total of 348 cases, and deaths remain at 29. There are still 38 probable cases being monitored as well as 1 death under review.
- There are 8 new cases in Saginaw County for a total of 1,218, and there are still 50 probable cases being monitored and 3 deaths being reviewed to determine if they are virus related. Deaths remain at 120.
- There is 1 more case in Midland County for a total of 122, and 1 more probable case for 42 that are being reviewed. Deaths remain at 9.
- In Genesee County, there are 7 more cases for a total of 2,158, and there are still 522 probable cases being monitored, and 25 deaths under review. The number of deaths in the county remains at 263.
There were 26 new cases of the virus detected in Macomb County for a total of 7,118, and 2 more deaths for a total of 870. There are still 179 cases being monitored, and 37 deaths still remain under review.
- With 30 new cases, Oakland County now has 8,823 confirmed cases, and 1 more death for a total of 1,044. There are still 3,093 probable cases being monitored, and 42 deaths being reviewed.
- In the city of Detroit, there are 12 new cases for a total of 11,530, and 5 more probable cases being monitored along with 84 deaths being reviewed.
- In Wayne County, there are 25 new cases for a total of 10,237, and 2 more deaths for a total of 1,153. There are still 378 probable cases, and 35 deaths that are being reviewed.