Area News Headlines
These news headlines brought to you by these fine sponsors:
There were 1262 more who have recovered from the virus
Mary Drier posted by Tom Greene
Tue, 20 Jul 2021 16:49:13 EDT
click on the picture to enlarge
As the Delta variant of the COVID-19 virus continues to increase, so do the warnings from health officials to get vaccinated.
Some are taking the warning seriously and others aren't, which is causing cases to spike in some areas where the vaccination rates are low.
On Monday, there were more than 507,076 vaccinations administered in the United States according to the Johns Hopkins University of Medicine.
Since Monday, the number of COVID cases globally increased by more than half a million again. Globally cases now total 191,169,614 after 515,769 more were confirmed. And, deaths increased by 8,605 to 4,101,337.
Cases in the United States increased by 51,874 to 34,139,426, and fatal cases increased by 275 to 609,328.
Since the last COVID update by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) four days ago, there have been 1,028 more for a total of 898,626 cases, which averages out to be 257 pre day.
And, over four days, 14 deaths were reported for a total of 19,862. All of those deaths were identified during a review of vital records.
And, as of July 16, there have been 871,402 who have been able to recover from having COVID, which is 1,262 more.
Recovered is defined as a person with a confirmed COVID diagnosis who is alive 30 days post-onset of the illness and out of the hospital, according to MDHHS.
Probable cases increased by 161 to 106,004, and probable deaths increased by 1 to 1,262.
A probable case means there is a possibility the person was exposed to the virus or has possible symptoms of the virus so they are being monitored. A probable death means it is being studied further to determine if it was caused by the virus.
Over four days, cases in Huron County increased by 3 to 3,063. Deaths remained at 75.
- In Tuscola County, cases increased by 7 to 4,904, and fatal cases stayed at 162.
- Three more brings Sanilac County's cases of the virus to 3,741. Fatal cases of the virus stayed at 117.
- Lapeer County's cases increased by 2 to 7,873, and deaths remained steady at 204.
Ten more brings Bay County's cases of the virus to 10,623. And, fatal cases stayed at 340.
- Another COVID deaths brings Midland County's fatal cases to 92, and cases increased by 6 to 6,902.
- Another death brings Saginaw County's fatal cases to 609, and cases increased by 25 to 20,112.
- Fatal cases increased by 1 in Genesee County to 910. Also, cases increased by 33 to 33,668.
Two more brings Oakland County's fatal cases to 2,330. Cases also increased to 102,855 after 146 more were confirmed over 4 days.
- St. Clair County's cases increased by 5 to 15,430, and fatal cases remained at 429.
- There were 2 additional virus-related deaths in Macomb County for a total of 2,374. Cases increased by 98 to 92,287.
- In Detroit City, COVID cases increased by 57 to 51,783. And, fatal cases stayed at 2,309.
- Cases in Wayne County increased by 150 to 102,637, and deaths stayed at 2,580.